With Autumn’s return, it is time for the Olde Redding Express! This is a smaller version of the Olde Redding Faire which has been hosted by the First Congregational Church of Reading for over 60 years. There will be both online and in-person options with the health of our community always foremost in our planning processes.
Many of our Olde Redding Faire fall favorites return this year. The following are available for pre-order:
- Beautiful Mums. Mums orders are now closed! Thank you to everyone who placed an order. All mums can be picked up September 17th from 12PM to 3PM or September 18th from 9AM to 12PM or delivered as noted on the form.
- Delicious Food. Order homemade food for lunch, dinner, or just a savory snack! Choose from a Complete BBQ Pulled Pork Dinner, Chili, Clam Chowder and Mac & Cheese. Please place your orders by September 19 to be picked up or delivered on September 25th.
- Sweet Treats. Delicious homemade fudge, peanut brittle, and hermits. Please place your orders by September 19th to be picked up or delivered with your food order on September 25th. Order early for best selection!
On-line Silent Auction
The popular Olde Redding Silent Auction returns with with items ranging from vacation stays to handcrafted items to vintage treasures.
- On-line bidding opens on September 22nd and closes on October 2nd .
- Auction winners will be notified about payment and pick up information.
- Review and bid on our exciting auction items.
Express on the Lawn
Visit our assortment of booths on the First Congregational Church Lawn while you are picking up your food order on September 25th from 11am to 2pm.
(Rain date is September 26 th from 12 noon to 3 pm.)
- Baked Goods. Fresh from the oven.
- Jewelry. A wide variety of contemporary and vintage.
- Jigsaw Puzzles. A favorite activity to do together.
- Mums. Selected colors available.
- Note Cards. Photographs of nature, great to send or to gift.
Given the virtual nature of this year’s Olde Redding Express, we won’t be needing donations of used items for White Elephant or Books. Thank you all for past support in these areas. Please consider the following for your current donations:
- Mission of Deeds – Reading (Housewares, Furniture)
- More Than Words – Waltham (Books)
- Goodwill @ Homegoods – Reading (Almost Anything)
- Savers – Wilmington (Almost Anything)
- Can’t be part of this year’s Olde Redding Express?
Consider a financial donation.
- Profits raised through the Olde Redding Express help to support the ministry of the First Congregational Church of Reading, as well as community partners.
- This year, the profits will be shared with the Reading Food Pantry and Emmaus, an organization based in Haverhill which offers housing and services to at-risk families and individuals. You can find out more about its programs at Emmausinc.org.